Thohild County
Community Calendar
Career Opportunities
Public Notices
Business Directory
Fire Bans

Residents * Utilities
Utilities Department






Save time and money by registering to receive your utility bills electronically, through email, each month. 
Contact the Utilities Clerk,  at 780-398-2811 or


Notice: Egremont Truck Fill Station is now open and operational.

Newbrook Truck Fill Station is open as of December 10, 2020


Federal Fuel Charge Levy - Click Here for more Information

Thorhild County provides natural gas, water, and sewer services to residents in different areas of the municipality.

Clogged Sewer Lines  Important information on what cannot be flushed down the sewer. 

Streetlights in the Hamlets:  the County is not responsible for the street light in the Hamlets, nor does it repair the streetlights.  To report a problem, residents should contact Fortis Alberta at 310-9473 or see the Fortis Alberta website.    




Director of Infrastructure
Wayne Maclean

Utilities Manager
Ed Kneller


Utilities Clerk
Tara Mauch

24 Hour Emergency Line

Office Hours
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mon. to Fri.


Natural Gas Utility Maximize
Water & Wastewater Utility Maximize
Solid Waste Collection Maximize


Utilities Consumer Advocate

Visit the website to compare electricity and natural gas prices, view historical rates, or assistance in resolving water and energy utility related issues. The website is an interactive resource that helps consumers make informed choices.

Q: How do I open a utilities account? Maximize
Q: How often will I get a utility bill? Maximize
Q: Will I get penalized if I pay late? Maximize
Q: What bill payment options do I have if I work out of town or go on vacation? Maximize
Q: I will be renting out my property; can the utility account be in my tenant's name? Maximize